You may know WordPress as being a blog application but it can also be used as a CMS. WordPress has become one of the best Content Management Systems in very short span of time. It has a huge number of useful plugins which can be used for different functionalities in your website. WordPress is an open source project, which means it was created by and for the community. It also means you are free to use it for any type of website without paying anyone a license fee. But not everything is free; WordPress has many features including a plugins templates that have a cost associated to them.
Most business websites are informational, telling potential customers or clients what the business offers.
WordPress lends itself very well to this type of site. Feature articles can be kept on the front page with latest news listed chronologically on another part of the page. You could also set up different category pages such as Fashion or Sport.
As well as displaying images, gallery sites sometimes allow commenting (no problem for WP) and rating of individual items or lists of top rated items.
Very similar to a gallery site, the portfolio site usually consists of one or more pages of thumbnails which when clicked allow the visitor to see a larger version of the work.
If you have a current WordPress site and need it updated or upgrade we are happy to help there too. There are also many new WordPress modules available to add new features to your site and improve your search engine visibility.
- Publish with Ease – If you’ve ever created a document, you’re ready to creating content with WordPress. You can create Pages and Posts, format them easily, insert media.
- Publishing Controls – WordPress makes it easy for you to manage your content. Create drafts, schedule publication, and look at your post revisions. Make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
- User Management – Not everyone requires the same access to your website. Administrators, editors, authors, contributors, and subscribers have a profile that they can manage.
- Media Management – Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. Add alt text, captions, and titles, and insert images and galleries into your content.
- Full Standards Compliance – Every piece of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C.
- Theme System – There is theme directory with thousands of themes for you to create a beautiful website. Or we can create a custom theme to your specifications.
- Plugins – WordPress comes packed full of features for every user, for every other feature there’s a plugin directory with thousands of plugins.
- Built-in Blog Comments – If your blog is your home, comments provide a space for your friends and followers to engage with your content.
- Search Engine Optimized – WordPress takes care of 80-90% of the mechanics of search engine optimization for you.
- Multilingual – WordPress is available in more than 70 languages. If you would prefer to use WordPress in a language other than English.
- Freedom – WordPress is licensed under the GPL which was created to protect your freedoms. There are no subscriptions or fees to use WordPress
- Community WordPress is most popular open source CMS on the web. WordPress has a supportive community and support forums to get help.